03 Nov TumTum Tree Foundation Kicks Off 27th Annual Wine Auction
It’s here, folks! The weekend we’ve all been waiting for! Our 27th annual wine auction weekend kicks off this Thursday evening with a wine tasting and silent auction at Regions Field, followed by private winemaker dinners at some of Birmingham’s top restaurants. A Paulee-style dinner and live auction takes place at The Club on Friday evening and the weekend concludes with a tailgate party in Auburn, Alabama for the Auburn vs. Vanderbilt game on Saturday.
We’re looking forward to a great weekend filled with fun, fine wines and fabulous food. But, most importantly, we’re excited to support this year’s beneficiaries, which include Magic Moments, Kid One Transport, Mitchell’s Place, The Red Barn, UAB’s Institute for Arts in Medicine (AIM), The Alabama Center for Childhood Cancer and Blood Disorders, Glenwood Autism & Behavioral Center and Angel Pillowcases.
Friends of the TumTum Tree Foundation are also invited to meet some of the children supported by the TumTum Tree Foundation this Friday, November 4, at 10:00am. This will take place at the Benjamin Russell Hospital for Children, 1600 5th Avenue South, 2nd floor and parking is available across the street at the 1600 5th Avenue South parking deck.
A partial listing of 2016 Auction lots include:
Large Format Bottles:
- 9L (Salmanazar) bottle of 2001 Arcadian Pinot noir Pisoni Vineyard
- 6L (Imperial) bottle of 2002 Grace Family Vineyards Cabernet
- 3L (Double Magnum) bottles of 2013 Grace Family Family Cabernet, 2013 Grace Family Blank Cabernet, 1995 Lail J. Daniel Cuvee, 1998 Silver Oak Alexander Valley, 2013 Emeritus William Wesley Pinot noir
- 5L (Magnum) bottles of 1985 and 1986 BV Private Reserve Cab, 1994 Staglin Family Cabernet (3 in original wooden box), 1994 Silver Oak Napa Cabernet, 1992 Grace Family Vineyards Cabernet, 2012 Dalla Valle Maya and Dalla Valle Caberent + an incredible selection of Pinot noir magnums from California and Oregon
- Cult Cabs from Grace Family, Screaming Eagle, Harlan Estate, Diamond Creek Lake Vineyard, Dalla Valle Maya
- Red Bordeaux including six bottles of 1982 Chateau Haut-Brion, 1970 Chateau Latour and 1970 Chateau Lafite Rothschild
- Red and White Burgundy from Domaine Dujac, Ponsot, Louis Jadot, Liger Belair, Vincent Girardin, Etienne Sauzet and Thomas Morey
- Red Rhones include Beaucastel Hommage vertical, Chapoutier
Wine experiences including accommodations and meals in Napa Valley, Sonoma County, Santa Barbara County and Oregon:
- 3-night stay for 4 at Alexana Estate in Oregon with tour, tasting, lunches and a helicopter ride over the Willamette Valley + wines to take home
- 3-night stay for 4 at Domaine Serene with tour and tasting and a helicopter ride over the Willamette Valley + wines to take home
- 2-night stay for 4 at Rancho La Cuna in Los Alamos, CA with a tour, tasting and lunch at Au Bon Climat with Jim Clendenen
- 3 days of Alabama quail hunting for 4 in two separate locations with lodging, meals and wines
Purchase tickets for each event here. For more information, please contact Tom Miller at 205-563-0832.